Here are some links to prior writings of mine on disablity rights, and Independent Living issues, published in Ragged Edge Magazine.
- I’m getting a service dog. So what? (Issue 2 & 3, 2002)
- A Confrontation. (Ragged Edge Extra. 2002)
- Disability Community? What Disability Community? (May/June 2003)
- Are independent living centers just glorified sheltered workshops? (September/October 2003)
- Discussion the reactions of some of my colleagues with disabilities when I acquired a service dog.
- Describing the events surrounding a confrontation with neighbours and subsequent involvement by the local police.
- In which I posit that there isn’t really a disability community.
- The title says it all… Somewhat controversial piece that seems to have struck a cord.